Tuesday 16 January 2007

Things I have Lost on this trip (already)

1: My Bathers. Left them in my haste to flee Bangkok for Chiang Mai. Picked up a very cute replacement pair in CM.

2: My Travel Documents. Left them in a safe in CM. Realised half-way in Chaing Rai (several hours away). Paid a man 1000 Thai Baht (about $40 AUD) to bring it all the way to Laos for me. Got them back less than 24 hours later, all present and correct and had not even been opened. Love Thai and Lao people.

3: A sarong. Lost whilst tubing down the river in Vang Vieng.

4: The fake wedding band I'm wearing over here to stop men harrassing me (incidentally, this has already been used countless times to great affect). Lost whilst tubing in VV. Replaced in Vientiane at the Patouxai (replicar Arc de Triomphe, random) for less than $1.

5.: My bag. See the below post. Lost by negligent hotel staff, found 3 hours later (after a trip to the police, lots of money spent on phone calls, and lots of tears). At least all safe and well now!

I think that I have just about reached my quota of lost goods for the trip, and so should be safe to continue the trip. Will let you know, though!!

No comments: